12-08-17

I will hold your hand

Those days! That fear and insecurity raise its ugly head before you're awake. Those days! That you are struggling with the flesh. Those days! That you are thinking about the past and all your mistakes. In this way I started my day. Confused and worried.

FEAR NOT!

Just that morning, I read a beautiful scripture during my study.

Fear you not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am you God: I will strenghten you; yes, I will help you: yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. For I the LORD your God will hold your right hand, saying to you: Fear not: I will help you.


HEAVEN TO EARTH

This Schripture was bringing a little bit of heaven to earth. God was offering me the fresh start my soul so desperately needed. He promised to help me.
And again (vers 13) it is promised, that God will strengthen your hands: "I will hold your right hand, go hand in hand with thee’’ (so some): he will take us by the hand as our guide, to lead us in our way, will help us up when we are fallen or prevent our falls; when we are weak he will hold us up-wavering.  He will fix us-trembling, he will encourage us, and so hold us by the right hand, (Ps. 73:23). Matthew Henry 

FEAR NOT!

God will silence your fears too. Saying: "Fear not!" He has said it again and again in his word, and has there provided sovereign antidotes against fear.

My heart now overflows
With prayers and praises.
My heavenly Farther knows
Each sigh that raises.
My heart ever nearer His heart so tender;
For there's my joy and peace;
in Thee I've found release,
My soul's Defender.

O.Hallesby

Linking to Friday Foto Friends

9 opmerkingen:

  1. Bless your heart! Jesus is like a tender, loving shepherd! I love Matthew Henry's explanation! I'm glad you are encouraged!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Matthew Henry kan het zo mooi uitleggen, heel leerzaam.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love that scripture. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great weekend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thank you. Someone said that "fear not" is in the Bible 365 times. One for each day of the year. I am thankful for John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. One of the best verses in the Bible...one that we need to remember but so soon forget when we are in the midst of our fears. Praying that God will indeed give us courage to face our fears and to know that He is with us and will not let us go no matter what. When we are in His hands there is nothing to fear. Thank you for sharing this today.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. One more thing....I am full of soooo many fears...some of them just simply crazy things. Thank you so much for the reminder of WHO can take away all those fears. <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Mooie waarheid! Dankjewel voor het delen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Welkom op mijn blog. Ik vind het leuk dat je kwam lezen. Een reactie is natuurlijk nog veel leuker!